Negola's Arc Veterinary Hospital

I just took My cat to Negolas Ark Veterinary Hospital, and I am mortified.I thought my cat was going in to get spayed because we thought that she was a girl.

I get a phone call during the surgery to find out that Dr. Negola could not find the tubes. He told me that it looked like my cat had a scar at the umbilicus. I told hime that there was no way because we got her from friends at 8wks.

He ended up doing a larger cut to explore HIS abdomen. He calls me back, chuckles, and says, oh, I found the problem, it's a boy. My heart sank. I tried to ask him questions, and he blew me off, raising his voice as to not let me speak.

I finally told him, fine, I am coming to get my cat. I get there, and another loud mouthed woman totally blew me off when I asked her how often this type of mistake happened, and proceeded to make a joke telling me that I now have an Eddie (my cats name was Eva) No one would talk to me. Shouldn't the vet check for right site, cat, and gender before starting surgery?? I wanted to break down, and cry.

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.Stay away

Read more:

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 15, 2014 #885147

I have used Dr. Negola and his practice since 1980 for my cats and never had a bad experience. He is Board certified and caring and I sought him out when I got my latest cats to be sure they got good care... That's been my experience over the years.

0 0 Reply
concerned person

Jul 13, 2010 #164012

This happend with another negligent vet named Connie who was ultimately raked over the coals by the state board. You should report this to the State Vet Board

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.